This update adds a series of nonrandom events. Without spoiling too much, serious violence is involved. When I was reviewing the events, I sat back and thought, shit, some of that prose reminds me of what just happened in Paris. I struggled with the idea of shelving this for a while. Eventually I decided not to, for two reasons. First, the parallels aren't really all that strong; urban combat is urban combat and that's already present in other nonrandom events. Second, if I never included violence when there was violence in the news, I would never include it at all, for there is always violence somewhere. Such is our world.
That said, I didn't want anyone getting the impression I hadn't considered the matter. If you aren't in the mood for text descriptions of combat, just select "one-handed mode" from the start menu to turn the events off. And since the recent tragedy has come up, and on the off-chance any Frenchman may be reading this, know that I and many of my countrymen remember that our country owes its independence to your country, and we shall not forget it.
The new prestige types initially listed in the 0.4.5 changlog went missing for some odd Twine-related reason, but are included this time.
Ongoing submission information: If you've got a unique slave you'd like to see in game, don't forget to submit her here using the easy to use in game upload system. If you'd like to see a country added, comment with the 20-50 top female names for that country, formatted like so: "Annisa", "Sarah", "Maria". If said country's population is split between major super-national ethnic groups (Caucasian/Black, for example, rather than Pashtun/Tajik), give me the breakdown.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Previous saves may work, but if you have not started a new game with a fresh 0.4.6 download, please do not report bugs. Latest hotfix at 19:35 PST.
- Large branching series of new nonrandom events; there are eight events in total but only 4 or 5 will be seen in any given playthrough due to their branching nature.
- Mercenaries obtained from events now have very significant maintenance costs. The difficulty of getting the best possible outcome from mercenary-related events has increased greatly.
- Five new types of prestigious slaves: cheating trophy spouses, politicians, former arcology owners, albinos, and fashion models, all with alternate XY versions; these complement the royalty, athletes, actresses, veteran slaves, and porn stars included in 0.4.3.
- Bodyguards' weapons will be described differently depending on their height and musculature; there is no practical effect as yet.
- The rules assistant can now apply smart piercings.
- Buffed the money the PC makes when not personally supervising a slave.
- New nationalities: Moroccan, Romanian, Swedish, Lithuanian, Bolivian, Haitian, and Cuban.
- More hardcoded slaves.