I don't have a long term plan for what I work on or when I'll work on it. I mention this because I don't want this update to give anyone the mistaken impression that a sequel to FC is imminent. When I switch over to working on that, which should probably be after FC 1.0, it'll be obvious; new content for FC will dry up for a long time. The change in 0.6.3 that invokes the future of FC is the addition of a simple long term threat. I'll leave the mechanics to the changelog below for those who wish to avoid spoilers. It's fairly punishing by design, and one-handed mode turns it off.
I've been surprised and gratified by players' interest in some of the more simulationist aspects of the game. Thus encouraged, I've added basic demographic tracking to the game to give the player some indication of the thousands of lives involved. The PC's arcology will start with slaves heavily outnumbered by free citizens; I've never actually made this clear, but that's how I visualize things. (Otherwise, the high demand for slave prostitutes seen in the game doesn't make sense.) However, a healthy arcology will naturally skew harder and harder towards slaves as slaves are imported and wealth gets concentrated in the hands of a few. Population will otherwise tend to slowly follow prosperity, but some future societies can also impact it, as noted in their encyclopedia entries. In turn, the ratio of citizens to slaves will impact the efficiency of sex work. This effect is balanced so that in 0.6.3, for example, whoring starts out more profitable than whoring in 0.6.2, slides to parity with whoring in 0.6.2 in the midgame, and eventually becomes less profitable than whoring in 0.6.2 in the lategame. I promise FC won't turn into a full-blown erotic simulation; for that, you'll have to play Crusader Kings 2.
Feedback requests: I've played so much FC at this point that I could use perspective from players who don't know the mechanics by heart, on two things. First, how's the balance from your perspective? My 0.6.3 playtests felt too easy, but I wonder if that's me knowing all the tricks. Second, what don't you understand from playing the game or looking in the encyclopedia? I suspect I need to do a better job of explaining mechanics, but again, I need outside perspectives on that. As mentioned on /d/, I'll consider suggestions for more lategame specializations of future societies. Also, if you post what you'd look for in a slave market, I may include you as a potential "prominent citizen" buyer.
Latest hotfix at 1655 PST March 17. Addresses most reported bugs. Save compatible. 0.6.3.2 is not fully playtested. 0.6.3.1 is still up on Dropbox in the unlikely event it's unplayable.
- Demographic tracking for the arcology's population. It starts with citizens outnumbering slaves but will naturally shift towards slaves. Some future society choices will affect this process. Demographics will affect the efficiency of sexual services like whoring, public service, and the Arcade.
- Arcology-wide laws that can be implemented when a future society is fully adopted, the arcology is completely customized to support it, and the player has enough money and reputation to overcome the strong Free Cities resistance to such things. These vary from changes to leadership positions to radical modification of the output of the random slave generator.
- Options menu for the personal assistant. As your personal assistant develops, she will offer the option to select her virtual appearance. This will be visible in her options menu, and will reflect what she's doing at the time, if anything.
- A new kind of once-per-slave event for slaves who have undergone major changes since being enslaved. Two such events are possible: one for heavily feminized slaves with dicks, and one for MILFs who have learned to enjoy sex. Based on a suggestion from /d/.
- Generic inspection event for terrified slaves.
- Severe weather conditions will now damage the arcology, requiring costly repairs. One-handed mode disables this.
- In some situations, excessive devotion or trust now overflows into the other rather than being lost.
- The cellblock, spa, and schoolroom now allow their leaders to earn money by contracting out slave training services if the PC has fewer than five slaves in the facility.
- Complete rebalance of the sexual release rules.
- Two mutually opposed future societies: Youth Preferentialism and Maturity Preferentialism; these are very basic for now.
- More potential slave buyers, based on /d/ anons' preferences; selling to any of these will produce unique reactions from other slaves.
- Distinct vaginal accessory rules assistant settings for virgins and non-virgins, to allow automation of virginity preservation.
- Better drug logic for the rules assistant: for optimal asset expansion, set curatives to fix unhealthy slaves only.
- Unless the Transformation Fetishist or Asset Expansionist future societies are active, Head Girls should be less aggressive about implanting their personal slaves.
- The arcade will now do its best to maximize inmate fluid production by applying lactation drugs where appropriate.
- Additional options for existing events.
- Continued event option balancing between devotion and trust.
- Numerous minor UI revisions.
- Updated gameplay information in the encyclopedia.