This update adds a simple but significant playability improvement: New Game Plus. When it's activated, the game restarts, reloading everything except up to five slaves selected for importation and most settings. New Game Plus will also migrate most settings, including the Rules Assistant, and will treat the old player character as the default during character creation. This should reduce frustration for players who dislike laboriously recreating the same starting slaves and the same Rules Assistant every time they start a new game. In addition, this function can serve to migrate five slaves across game versions. At present, only saves from 0.6.8+ will import properly, but this function should provide at least some minimal save compatibility going forward. Speaking of usability, assignment shortcuts for the simple jobs can now be toggled on for the main menu. They're on by default for now.
Since I rarely take my playtest runs out beyond the final plot events, I've been attentive to feedback about gameplay between the 75 and 100 turn marks. (Going past 100 turns is of course fine, but it takes the game past design scope.) I hadn't considered that the mercenaries become a dead weight when the final plot event string completes before getting feedback to that effect. So, there's now a capstone event for the mercenaries after they become irrelevant for events that allows them to defray their upkeep costs.
There's an increasing amount of modding activity going on out there. While that's cool, I've also gotten a couple of bug reports from players who are obviously using mods. If you are using a modded version of FC, do not report bugs here. If you do, you're probably going to waste a great deal of developer time and energy as I hunt for a bug that I can't find and can't fix. Any version of FC from anywhere except here or TFGames is modded.
New Game Plus
New Game Plus
- Added an experimental New Game Plus option, activated from the Options menu from the sidebar.
- New Game Plus should be capable of successfully migrating saves across game versions that do not add slave stats (at present, only saves from 0.6.8+ are compatible).
- The function has several minor limitations: it will default all slaves' assignments to Rest, and it will reduce breasts over 10,000cc to that value.
- Using the New Game Plus option will severely limit the resources awarded at game start.
- New midgame plot event involving a plea for help from one of five possible old world groups. Abusing them can make the invasion event happen early.
- Spaced out plot events slightly to allow more to be added before the current endgame.
- Added shortcuts to events which award many slaves to immediately sell all of them or give them all away to meritorious citizens for a reputation boost.
- Lategame plot event triggered by satisfaction of all mercenary-related objectives that allows the mercs to contribute to the corporation's enslavement efforts.
- Revised several preexisting events to leverage stat additions from 0.6.7 and 0.6.8.
- Slaves and funds left behind by the previous owner of the arcology will now total a value of exactly ¤25000 when starting a game normally. The most valuable hardcoded slaves will no longer appear at start as a result, but do remain available for purchase.
- Added sanity checks to starting slave customization to curtail some of the most nonsensical combinations of stats.
- Added common assignment shortcuts to slaves' entries on the main menu, and an option to toggle them off to the description menu.
- Pushed back the onset of severe weather slightly.
- Added a preferred refreshment option to player character customization: this has no gameplay effect, but will appear as flavor in several events.
- The hormonal balancing upgrade for the penthouse kitchen will now prevent a slave's natural hormones from changing her body.
- Better descriptive support for hermaphrodites with ovaries.
- Paternalist renaming will now properly exclude slaves who have already received titles.
- Gender Fundamentalism and not Gender Radicalism will now remove balls from most randomly generated slaves if dick content is enabled.
- Edo slave names.
- Improved some fetish acquisition logic.
- Rebalanced prosperity cap upgrades, and added another upgrade at the high end.
- Better settings compliance for some events to eliminate appearances of dicks with dick content disabled.
- Event check revisions for better performance.