A couple of insightful comments have wondered about the interplay between the Devout flaw and the Chattel Religionism future society. Until this update, there wasn't one, since the Devout flaw represents slaves holding on to an old world faith like Christianity or Islam, and Chattel Religionism involves a new religion that, though it builds on traditional religions, would (obviously) be anathema to them. Now, Devout slaves in a Chattel Religionist arcology will experience a unique mechanic. If they're rebellious or resistant, Chattel Religionism will disgust them. If they've been terrified into obedience, Chattel Religionism will scare them even more, possibly driving them into emotional disturbance produced by their moral panic. However, if the player manages to get such a slave to acceptance, they will experience a religious epiphany and give themselves to the new faith, getting the Sinful quirk, losing the Devout quirk, and getting the game's best single Trust boost.
I've mentioned before that I make some implicit assumptions about the player character, but that I try to keep these minimal, so that players can self-insert or imagine their character however they wish. One of the events added by this update depicts our hero/heroine finishing a workout. One of the assumptions I've previously listed is that the PC is physically fit: for one thing, it's heavily implied by what we see of his or her sexual stamina. Without making a big issue of it, I'm also basing this assumption on the apparently high standards of fitness among prominent present-day venture capitalists and the like, and a guess that an anarcho-capitalist place like the Free Cities would probably reward the qualities that drive people to take care of themselves. The indolent need not apply. That said, I'm sympathetic to roleplaying concerns. If you find that the event violates your idea of the PC you want to play as, let me know and I'll make allowances.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.7+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus. Latest hotfix is 0.7.4.1 (1800 PST 21 June), completely save compatible. Fixed issues include:
- Egyptian FS slave description error.
- Various HG report bugs.
- Options menu back button setting.
- Girlish figure random event bug.
- Pregnant lotion event bug.
- Older virgins generating children for enslavement.
- Other slave generation absurdities.
- The productive facilities with leaders (the Brothel, Club, Dairy, and Servants' Quarters) are now open to all slaves on the associated assignment if they have space.
- If facilities have extra spaces available, slaves performing the corresponding assignment will receive facility leadership and advertising bonuses, which will be called out in the end week report.
- To support this mechanic, the Servants' Quarters now has size upgrades like the other facilities.
- Facility support for slave workers is on by default, but can be disabled in the options menu.
- Supporting slaves in this way is included when calculating whether facility leaders will generate profit by taking in outside work.
- Madams and DJs without enough workers under them to occupy their time will now use their extra time to function as whores and public servants, respectively.
- Brothel and Club variety bonuses, if any, remain limited to slaves permanently assigned to the facility.
- Industrializing a Dairy will prevent free-range cows from visiting it.
- Devout slaves in Chattel Religionist arcologies will suffer mental stress if unbroken, losing Devotion if not obedient or Trust if obedient out of fear.
- Devout slaves who nonetheless reach Accepting status in a Chattel Religionist arcology will experience an epiphany, gaining a huge amount of Trust, losing Devout, and gaining Sinful.
- Chattel Religionist societies now approve of Sinful slaves.
- Sinful slaves living in Chattel Religionist societies will enjoy wearing sacrilegious clothing.
- Generic branching sexual event for ambivalent slaves.
- Generic event for accepting slaves who are attracted to the PC.
- Added a Head Girl focus to personal attention, which will either allow her to perform an additional task and build trust, or allow her to perform two additional tasks if she is perfectly trusting.
- The repetitive recitation of slave traits' effects on sexual assignment performance on the end week report can now be suppressed from the options menu.
- Head Girls with big dicks and powerful sex drives may have an impact on their personal slaves' holes.
- Added links to the other options menus from the main options menu accessible from the sidebar; this will be revised further if it continues to confuse players.
- Removed mutual week exclusivity of certain events: for example, a wedding will no longer defer a scheduled pit fight.
- Minor descriptive improvements.