This update moves several existing mechanics into a policy system. Reputation subsidies, prosperity subsidies, and all the future society laws have been recast as policies with minimal changes. Some of the laws have been split into multiple policies, and new policies have been added, for a total of 55 possible policy options. Only a fraction of these will be accessible at any one time, since many have prerequisites.
This system is designed to be much simpler to add options to than before, so I intend to include many more. Feel free to suggest policies that you'd like to implement. Of course, the more sweeping a policy is, the harder it'll be for me to add it. Something like a simple subsidy that affects one thing is quick and easy; something like mandatory female enslavement is tough, since all references to female citizens would have to be recoded. I'll consider everything, of course, and I've dumped a ton of time on cool ideas before: but straightforward suggestions have better chances.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.7+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus. Latest hotfix is 0.7.8.1 (1045 PST July 12), completely save compatible.
- Fixed a bug that would repeatedly wipe out FS progress, breaking all FS impacts on attractiveness
- Quarantined orphan code that was throwing error messages into active passages
- Fixed long form description dick accessory error
- Prevented a weather cladding effect from appearing when the upgrade is not installed
- Fixed several event trigger issues with body mod and growth hormone request events
- Language text box should now properly default to the current lingua franca
- Fixed several misleading slave summary oddities
- Restricted the effects of Unflinching on Devotion to slaves without perfected Devotion
- Corrected effects for pro immigration cash and reputation policies
- Prevented attractiveness from being assayed to a negative value
- Fixed bugged weekly resetting of individual porn subsidies to a tiny value
- Added a reputation cheat to the options menu
- Typos and grammatical issues
- Added a new policy menu, accessible from the arcology management screen.
- The preexisting future society laws and weekly subsidies have been recast as policies, with some balance adjustments.
- Added many other policies with varying requirements, for a total of 55.
- Added six new generic recruitment events, by Wahn.
- Revised existing recruitment event triggers to avoid drowning the player in recruitment events.
- Position specific event for Nurses horny enough to molest unconscious patients.
- Added a body mod request event similar to the drug request event; slaves can be told to stop asking.
- Slaves can also be told to stop asking for asset expansion.
- Placed all existing and new universal slave rules in a new universal rules menu.
- Cleaned up the arcology management screen and moved several links over to the sidebar.
- Added hotkeys to the sidebar links from the arcology management screen.
- Added hotkey hints.
- Added a starting option to suppress all mention of circumcision.
- The Industrial Dairy will now strip cows of their career skills, replacing them with a powerful mental hardening effect should the cow remain sane.
- Reworked Gender Fundamentalist advancement to encourage chastity cage use where appropriate.
- Cheat Mode will now unlock all clothing choices for manual selection.
- Added a complete list of career bonuses to the Encyclopedia, coded to update itself with any future career evisions.
- Continuing code consolidation.