I've gotten some criticism in the past for expending effort on recoding, and this update is likely to receive more. The majority of my time on this one went to reworks of existing code, mostly to do with the UI. I understand the arguments, and in some cases I agree and leave bad code as it is because improving it wouldn't be worth the time. However, my gradually improving skills do mean that it's sometimes worthwhile to make another pass over old code, especially where some of the worst UI elements are concerned. Since the FC code is, without exaggeration, 99% of my coding experience, recoding something I added in 0.2.x means that I'm looking at it again with many times the coding experience I had when I wrote it.
This is also a good time to repeat what I've said in the past about requests, since this update includes some really niche stuff. The coding difficulty of fulfilling a request plays a dominant role in how soon or even whether I fulfill it. I'm reasonably certain the requests for foreskin restoration came from a single player, and the option will be used by a few players at most, but it was actually quite an easy add. Coding difficulty isn't necessarily obvious without looking at the code, especially where I have similar, preexisting code to draw on.
0.8.8.1 fixes, with assistance from Anon, Bane70, and Boney M
- Corrective eyewear will now remove the nearsighted tag in slave summaries
- Addressed the policy cost issue
- Rescued hostage mental effects error message
- Included unintentionally omitted mod content for blind lurchers
- Addressed several virginity issues from personal training
- Fixed the retirement collar error message
- Various fixes for the walkpast miniscenes
- Many spelling corrections
0.8.8.1 changes from CornCobMan
- Added options to edit neighboring arcologies in the Cheat Edit Arcology menu
- Added a facility to construct limbs which now take time similar to organs
- Added an option in the remote surgery to detach P-Limbs
- Added cybernetic prosthetic limbs, with vignettes and other descriptions
- Cyber P-Limbs heavily increase deadliness
- Added the option to set relation rules to 'just friends' in the RA
- Updated RA collar support
0.8.8.2 fixes and changesUI improvements
- Fixes from CornCobMan to his contributions to 0.8.8.1 and to the RA
- Refinements to the new UI mechanics, from CornCobMan
- Reductions to RA reloading, from CornCobMan
- Fixes to several miniscene issues, from Bane70
- Master Suite decoration error messages
- Submissive servants should now receive their intended advantage from their fetish
- Corrected application and reporting of nearsighted and blindness upkeep costs
- Several minor corrections to beauty calculations
- Spelling corrections
- Recoded slaves' individual menus to avoid a page reload for most changes, with a manual update link to incorporate changes into the long form description.
- Recoded the starting slave customization menu to avoid a page reload for most changes, allowing more comfortable selection of multiple changes.
- The new starting slave customization menu requires a manual page update before committing a slave to allow reconciliation of certain stats.
- Improved archetypes.
- Other minor UI refinements.
- Massive content pack for the rivalry hostage, with hundreds of possible miniscenes that will affect the hostage.
- Captured hostages and rivals may be inclined to pursue a slave relationship, if not forbidden from doing so.
- Captured hostages will experience long term mental effects due to their experiences.
- Support for blind lurchers.
- Descriptive refinements in random events.
- Continued RA improvements from CornCobMan.
- Four new outfits from Circle_Tritagonist.
- Random event involving some speculation about the potential problems of a 60cm dick.
- Added foreskins to the organ fabricator.
- Recoding for efficiency and consistency.
- Bugfixes, with heavy support from Bane70.