My new content time for this update has mostly gone into new events, but I've also added a little rules feature that I've been meaning to add for more than a year now. As I do my best to make clear in the descriptions, there's a lot of life going on offscreen in a game of FC. Specifically, there are a lot of little rewards given and punishments meted out that the game doesn't show. This is a fundamental design choice; one of the irritations I had with other slave games that I wanted to keep out of FC is the reward/punish grind. So, I've added rules that allow the player to determine what the standard rewards and punishments for any given slave are. It's now possible to specify, for example, that slaves get whipped if they're bad and get sent to the Spa for some time with your sexy spa attendant if they're good. There are some interesting little tradeoffs to be discovered, and there's no perfect combination. I've tried to balance this system so that it recreates previous versions' gameplay if the rules are left on default settings, for players who feel the complexity is high enough already. This is also the kind of thing that can be added without increasing lag, since I'm less terrible at doing this kind of thing, and ongoing revision of bad code is easily outpacing additions in terms of performance.
If you're experiencing a serious bug, such as, for example, your money being replaced by $cash or slaves disappearing, the most helpful thing you can do is save your game to disk and send it to me, along with a description of what happened. If you have a save from right before the issue arose, send me that too.
Finally, I understand a Free Cities play-by-post roleplay is being organized, and they're accepting more players. I'm not involved, and questions should be directed there.
0.8.11.3 is badly bugged; posting this update from mobile.
- Fixed the RA not changing rules properly due to a mistake in the condition.
- Fixed the taste test and anal cowgirl events.
- Corrected application of bonuses for a Chattel Religionist customization of the PA.
- Reworked the way interarcology opinion is applied in the slave markets.
- Addressed an issue with HGs giving their girls curatives.
- Added checks to prevent absurd hostage stats.
- Limited shipping container event outcomes to affect only slaves acquired during that specific iteration of the event.
- Revised the way agents are retrieved from their arcologies.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the retirement and indenture expiration events from firing.
- Descriptive fixes.
- Fixed Rules Assistant not working for selected slaves.
- Fixed living standard rule selection in the Rules Assistant.
- Fixed several prosthetics bugs including issues with sex focused limbs and the weeks to completion.
- Added a discard button for limbs not yet completed.
- Added an option to toggle whether the Rules Assistant will apply to newly acquired slaves.
- Recoded the Custom Slave order menu links to not refresh the page.
- Typos, descriptive fixes, and other minor improvements.
- The starting girls customization screen will occasionally throw error messages; refreshing the page should remove them and they do not seem to damage saves.
- Fixed an oversight that would lock the game on a blank screen if the arcology was manually renamed during or before the week of August 3, 2037.
- Addressed a potential issue with standard arcology upgrades.
- Corrected HRT bone structure effects to apply to slaves under 25, not over 25.
- Addressed the endowment event error message.
- Applying and instantly removing braces will no longer straighten teeth.
- Natural lactation should now start very reliably late in pregnancy, especially for healthy slaves.
- The wealthy refugee aid event should no longer give MILFs in all cases.
- Descriptive fixes.
- Fixed a bug that was assessing inappropriate school subsidy costs.
- Corrected application of scrotum and foreskin implantation costs.
- Minor descriptive fixes.
- Added ethnicity and skin color options to starting slave customization.
- Starting slave customization UI improvements.
- More automatic rules applications for slaves obtained from events.
- Extended CornCobMan's custom title lisping support to cover most random events.
- Many more mentions of blindness and pregnancy in random events.
- New paired slave sale solicitation event with identical twins.
- Continued birth event improvements.
- Nonrandom event in which leading citizens offer to help subsidize a slave school branch campus if one isn't present in the arcology.
- Random event for devoted amputees equipped with P-Limbs.
- Random event for slaves happy enough to dance alone and skilled enough to do it well.
- Group sex event for slave relationships with at least one dominant partner.
- Random event for slaves unhappy enough to be tormented by bad dreams.
- Resistance events for slaves who don't like the cock feeder or dildo suppository upgrades.
- Random event for devoted slaves in which the slave falls and the PC catches them.
- Surgery request event for slaves troubled by hormonal conflicts.
- Hormone replacement therapy can now cause moodiness; devoted slaves will not suffer this effect.
- Added a pharmaceutical upgrade that eliminates the moodiness penalty for all slaves.
- Rerolled the existing hormone therapy kitchen upgrade as two separate pharmeceutical upgrades.
- Made some hormonal effects less rare, especially if the appropriate upgrade is purchased.
Punishments and rewards
- Standard punishments and rewards can be set to guide what slaves get offscreen.
- Different punishment and reward standards make tradeoffs; the default setting replicates the preexisting balance.
- Reduced trust and devotion impacts of several other mechanics to keep slaves from breaking too easily.
- Added RA support for standard punishments and rewards.
- Added an oceanic option for arcology location which leaves the slave market nationality balance completely unprejudiced.
- Provided a pair of policy options for encouraging or discouraging the local effects of interarcology cultural influence.
- Capped the total amount of bonus cultural influence neighboring arcologies can bank.
- The surgical PC career now reduces drug upgrade costs and reputation unlock thresholds.
- Reaching a moderate level of prosperity without a slave school will inhibit further prosperity growth.
- Rerolled the subsidy and undermining options for slave schools into policies.
- Categorized the policy menu.
- Transformation Fetishists now strongly approve of girls with P-Limbs.
- Added the office description to the penthouse menu and expanded it with a display case for mementoes gained through gameplay.
- Slaves with the Edo and Chinese Revivalist nationalities now qualify for Japanese and Chinese nationality bonuses, respectively.
- Reduced the reputation malus for feminine player character traits.
- Refined some event triggers to be more respectful of content restrictions.
- Slave price and arcology share price rebalancing.
- Recoding for performance and reliability.