This update takes a half step towards one of the few remaining items I think the game really needs before a 1.0 release: a viable alternative to the standard Worshipful/Trusting build. As I've mentioned several times in the past, here and on /d/, that alternative is Worshipful/Terrified. I intend that higher Devotion will remain almost universally good, but I'd like it to be viable to build this devotion on terror if the player so desires. I expect that this will require much more testing and adjustment, but the general balance picture of this update is that Worshipful/Trusting slaves tend to be harder and more expensive to train than the Worshipful/Terrified alternative, but offer ancillary benefits like Reputation bonuses and better performance in leadership roles.
Another gap in the devotion paradigm has been the rarity of interaction between slaves. Slaves talk to each other, or otherwise communicate. Keeping a penthouse full of extremely frightened or fanatically devoted slaves will now have an impact on wavering girls: it would be hard to live in such an atmosphere without feeling some sympathy with the prevailing feeling. This update also adds a generic plot event with minor but permanent effects on what slaves think of their life in slavery. I intend to add more of these, creating a strong cumulative effect in the late game.
Download: Dropbox, Mega. Saves from previous versions are incompatible, but 0.6+ saves are eligible for New Game Plus. Latest hotfix is 0.9.1.4 (1345 PST December 16), save compatible.
- Fixed errors inTransformation Fetishist slave influence and pregnancy sources.
- Removed the spurious weekly lip growth past lisping threshold notifications.
- Restored organic Head Girl prestige gain to 0.8+ levels.
- Corrected bad strings for mindbroken, self hatred, and foreskins, which could result in changes not appearing.
- Numerous fixes for the fondle vagina and fondle butt miniscenes.
- Addressed an issue with Cheat Editing indentures.
- Fixed an error calling vaginal accessories.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the autosurgery from working with certain combinations of settings.
- Fixed an issue in lip descriptions during the kiss miniscene.
- Addressed the bad event redirection when giving the personal assistant a name.
- Restored availability of the event options for the market assistant's introduction event.
- Patched several possible causes of spurious coup losses and verified that victory will occur.
- Readded fixes from CornCobMan that were erroneously omitted from 0.9.1.1; the error was mine.
- Fixed obsolete Devotion and Trust stats pointed out by Anon.
- Addressed an issue that could hang the game on a blank screen during events.
- Addressed an oversight that could repeat the refugee aid event.
- Fixed large numbers of spelling and grammatical errors pointed out by Boney M.
- Standardized spelling on American English, with inconsistencies pointed out by Boney M.
- Added a short grace period after slave acquisition before naturally occuring mindbreak becomes possible.
- Removed the spurious weekly lip growth into facepussy notifications.
- Added a patch for the slave overwriting issue.
- Fixed an issue with vaginal skills.
- Updated Cheat Edit for lips changes.
- Fixed an issue with smart clit piercing settings set by the RA.
- Updated the lips stat from 0 to 3 in steps of 1 to 0 to 100 in steps of 1.
- Created a range of large lip sizes that do not induce lisping but qualify the slave for many large lip descriptions.
- Provided new lip extremes: thin lips, which are unattractive, and facepussies, which are so large they prevent intelligible speech.
- Degradationist, Transformation Fetishist, and Asset Expansionist arcologies all approve of facepussies.
- Restricted facepussies behind the extreme content options.
- Recoded the way inability to speak is handled to support future silencing options.
- Updated many descriptions to respect the difference between slaves who can make no sound and those who can moan or scream.
- The game now tracks the players' slaves' collective spirit; this is based on an average of their attitudes, but changes slowly.
- Slaves in the Cellblock, Arcade or an industrial Dairy do not contribute to the collective spirit, and slaves in other facilities contribute less than slaves in the penthouse.
- High and low collective Devotion and Trust will have mental impacts on slaves, with the effect on slaves in facilities being halved.
- High Devotion will no longer improve Trust if a slave is Frightened or below, and can still overflow into Reputation in this situation.
- Low Trust will no longer reduce Devotion if a slave is Devoted or above.
- Created several new combinations of Devotion and Trust that represent mental states where it can be beneficial to terrify an obedient slave even further.
- Devoted slaves' value is no longer affected by low Trust, but can still be improved by high Trust.
- Rebalanced standard reward and punishment effects to support Worshipful/Terrified builds.
- Made extremely low Devotion and Trust somewhat sticky, making it easier to maintain these states if desired.
- Degradationism now focuses on fear rather than on intelligence.
- Hybrid assignment and recruitment event in which a trio of spring breakers can be enslaved for verbally abusing a slave performing public service.
- Generic plot event dealing with the long term side effects of the liquid slave diet.
- Allowed the player to go into debt to take advantage of unique enslavement opportunities.
- Made a minor change to event generation to reduce minor event spam during weeks with plot events.
- Continued Rules Assistant updates and bugfixes, by CornCobMan.
- UI improvements and other bugfixes, by CornCobMan.
- Rivalry event chain updates, by Anon.
- Continued pregnancy updates, by Anon.
- Reduced the ease with which the phallic feeder and drug suppository kitchen upgrades previously overpowered existing fetishes.
- Improved personal training and Head Girl logic for the changes over the past several updates.
- Recoding for efficiency.